maandag 18 april 2016

A White Pearl for you!


White hyacinths are so beautiful!

Dutch Hyacinth
Our Dutch, or common hyacinth of house and garden culture was so popular in the 18th century that over 2,000 cultivars were grown in the Netherlands, its chief commercial producer. This hyacinth has a single dense spike of fragrant flowers in shades of red, blue, white, orange, pink, violet or yellow. (Source Wikipedia)
 
Hyacinths in my husbands hands
 
Tender flowers
God has sown his name on the heavens in glittering stars; but on earth he planteth his name by tender flowers. ~ Jean Paul Richter

5 opmerkingen:

  1. The quotation you are sharing here is so lovely, and the Hyacinths are beautiful. I didn't know that there were so many colours! Wonderful post and photo, thank you!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I have heard that the earth laughs in flowers :) This is truly beautiful! I did not know there were so many colors! Lovely!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I was so pleased that my purple hyacinth grew back this year where I planted it last year! The fragrance is so strong, that I find them a bit too overwhelming for a house bouquet, but the scent is wonderful out in the yard.
    God is so good to give us such lovely flowers, isn't he?
    Thanks for sharing your lovely garden with me! :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thanks for dropping in, hope your day's going fine!

♥ Aritha ♥