vrijdag 10 januari 2020

POSTCROSSING LOVE

Today a different kind of post. In the winter months send cards to others via Postcrossing and this week I received a handful of cards from all over the world. I was surprised and decided to write a post about it.

Vandaag een andersoortige post. geen natuur maar wel dingen die het leven mooi maken. in de winter doe ik altijd aan Postcrossing en deze week ontving ik een handvol kaarten uit allerlei windstreken. Vaak schrijven mensen wat achterop de kaart, plakken er stickers op en kiezen voor mooie postzegels.


Dit is mijn handjevol kaarten van deze week Ze komen uit Zwitserland, Duitsland, Finland, 3 keer USA, Oekraïne en Rusland. Ik geniet ervan en schrijf iedereen een bedankje via de site.

This is my handful of cards this week. They come from Switzerland, Germany, Finland, 3 times the USA, Ukraine and Russia. I enjoy it. It is so much fun. Do you know Postcrossing? 



⬆ Mooie postzegels. De kandelaar vond ik erg mooi. Ook de sticker is zo leuk!

DIANE THANK YOU
Diane is blogger too. During the Christmas holidays there was suddenly a nice card for my son Ralph (15) with a note from South Africa. What a spontaneous action. Thanks you so much, Diane. He will sent a postcard back.

Diannes blog: PhotoDiary


Do you still send old-fashioned mail?

16 opmerkingen:

  1. What a lovely post, Aritha! Such beautiful cards and stamps!
    I was just yesterday thinking how nice it was to receive real letters and postcards, and not only Christmas cards once a year. I suggested to my son (he lives abroad) that we would write real letters, but he said he hasn't got the time for that... :)
    At least in Finland the crazy postage rate increase has surely had it's influence: to send a postcard inside Finland costs 1,60 e and to Europe 1,70 e.
    Have a happy weekend!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This sounds like a great activity. It is still a pleasure to get real mail. Send me your postal address, Aritha, and I will send you a card.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I was also member of postcrossing a few years ago but then I did not want to get cards anymore. I started write blog and left postcrossing.
    Have a nice weekend Aritha <3

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. This is so nice! I never knew about Postcrossing until now. Very interesting and seems like fun.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I haven't heard of it either but looks like a fun thing to do.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. These are lovely I do not send much, if anything by mail anymore.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. I haven't heard of this before, but Yes, I still send out Christmas cards in the mail, and love getting them too. It is becoming a lost art, and I don't ever want to lose it. Getting cards from all over the world would be so interesting. Enjoy!

    ~Sheri

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Dit is leuk, had er nog nooit van gehoord.
    Super leuk.

    Groettie van Patricia.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. How fun! I had not heard of Postcrossing, but love the idea! In a few days, we're going to start the process of moving house, but next month, when that's sorted, I plan to give it a go. Thanks for posting about this and providing a link. :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. What a lovely idea. Have a blessed day. Madeline

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Hi Aritha- When I was young I thought I might like a 'Pen Pal'- someone from overseas to write to...I never followed this up- though now with Blogger I have a good number of friends from abroad. Regards. KEV.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. I love old-fashioned mail but hardly use it anymore. I send handmade cards on the new year, mostly to the children in my extended family and to a few sentimental adults :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Very nice Aritha. I wish you a nice week. Greetings Caroline

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. This does sound like a lot of fun. Thanks for the link!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Wat een bijzondere post heb je gekregen. Toch wel heel leuk!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thanks for dropping in, hope your day's going fine!

♥ Aritha ♥